Station 1 is located in the heart of downtown Round Lake. The original station was built in 1947 and had just three apparatus bays. It was expanded and renovated several times until 2021 when it went through a complete renovation and re-construction. As part of the renovation, the three original apparatus bays were converted into living space for the on-duty crews and new offices and a spacious training room were constructed. Station 1 is staffed by a minimum of three and maximum of five Firefighter/Paramedics and a Shift Commander. It houses an Engine, Ladder Tower, Water Tender and two ALS Ambulances. The Fire District Administrative Office and Fire Prevention Bureau are both located on the second floor of Station 1.
409 W. Nippersink Road
Round Lake, IL 60073